Monday, November 23, 2009

Finishing up Professional Developments

I finished my last professional development for the semester on Thursday. I ended up leading eight! I did the six original that I planned: Teaching Digital Natives, MS Word 2007 Basics, MS PowerPoint 2007 Basics, MS Excel 2007 Basics, Inspiration, Building a Class Website, and Class Wiki Pages. Then my curriculum director asked me if I would two more for some teachers that missed out on the original six. So, I did the digital natives one again and I planned a using the "clickers" that the school just purchased. All in all I think they were successful. I was able to help the teachers with what they were interested in for the most part. However, my curriculum director made the teachers that didn't go to two of the first six attend the last two so I heard some grumbles about them having to come. But, I received great feedback and I feel good about my first professional developments. I know where I want to go from here and how I want to improve for future workshops and/or professional developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment