Sunday, November 15, 2009
Mentor Journal
Today I had an interesting experience as a technology mentor to my dad. He made a mistake on his Face Book account. He opened something from one of our family members that was a video that said something to the effect of “look you’re on the news!” However, even though he said he received warning about not opening it from his computer he did it anyway because it was from one of our family members. What was actually was a fishing virus and it spread all these inappropriate videos to all his contacts. He didn’t even know it happened because he couldn’t see it happen from his end. He said the video just didn’t seem to work so he closed it, but it was too late. He didn’t find out until I called him about it right away when I got the video. The message from him said the same thing his said when he opened, but I knew not to open it because it was from a strange source. My dad was humiliated and mad that he sent the videos out by accident. I seriously think it ruined his day! I had to show him how to fix his Face Book account and teach him how to restore his computer because the virus not only sent out the videos, but did some damage on his computer too. I think he learned a valuable lesson today, if someone sends you something and your computer says not to open it, you shouldn’t! My poor dad, I felt so bad for him! At least he learned something from his mistake though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment